This year for the first time, we are organising a regional vocational and career development event The Skills Show – Sarajevo 2016. This event aims to link commercial and education sectors to improve the overall quality of education in the region and motivate young people to choose vocational schools. The Skills Show will take place in Sarajevo on 16 and 17 December 2016 and will focus on innovation, youth employability, positive practices and achievements from the Western Balkans and the UK. We also wish to bring closer employer representatives and their potential future employees.
The programme will cover the following four industry sectors:
- health and beauty
- tourism and service industry
- wood, construction and steel industry
- IT and engineering.
The Skills Show Sarajevo 2016 will consist of the following components:
- Exhibition and skills show – This part of the event offers space for employer representatives and vocational schools to exchange ideas, share work, products and presentations about innovations and their successful implementation. In addition, students take part in a competition under the mentorship of teachers and employers to reveal their talents and showcase skills.
- Conference ‘First Work Experience’ – An international conference gathering regional employers, representatives of educational authorities and institutions, international and non-governmental organisations and other stakeholders focusing on youth employability. We will bring together decision makers from the Western Balkans to share experiences, discuss and create possible recommendations relating to skills development, reform of education and youth employability in the region.
- Learning and Sharing Hub – Learning and Sharing Hub will be part of the event programme where parallel sessions will take place within each industry sector covered.