BELEXPOCENTAR, BELGRADE | 8–9 JUNE 2018
For the fifth year in a row we organised the ‘New Technologies in Education’ conference and fair with the aim to improve the quality of education in this part of the world through the use of information and communication technologies. The event was held in Belexpocentar and premises of Holiday Inn hotel in Belgrade, from 8 to 9 June 2018.
Through this event we wish to provide the teaching and nonteaching members of staff from pre-school institutions, schools, universities and other organisations involved in education with the opportunity for professional development in order for them to become more innovative, modernise the learning process and realise all the possibilities provided by new technologies.
The themes which were covered at the conference were:
- Working on projects and creativity in the classroom
- Core skills and growth mindset
- Development of digital content for learning and use of ICT in other subjects
- Algorithmic thinking and coding
- Inclusive education and assistive technologies
- School management through the digitization process
- Vocational education and digital industries.
'New Technologies in Education 2018' was co-organized by the British Council, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development and the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, in cooperation with Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit of the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Center for promotion of Science. This year we had a Platinum partner of the event – Microsoft. We are very thankful for the support of our other partners as well.