The call for proposals for British Council’s annual flagship Going Global Conference is now open! It is an open forum for global leaders of international education to discuss current issues.
What does Going Global offer?
- It provides a unique platform for knowledge sharing.
- It connects local, national, regional and global education agendas.
- It provides a global network for policy makers and practitioners working in the field of international education.
- It supports evidence led policy decisions deriving from research and regional policy dialogues.
- It supports global thought leadership.
Participants include university and college employees, ministers and goverment representatives, journalists, policy and strategy makers and all those with a responsibility for internationalisation.
We propose the fusion of diverse cultures generates a creative force, which is a major catalyst of leading edge innovation. Investment in the connection of these cultures produces a tangible return and measurable impact for the future.
Going Global 2015 will explore this through three perspectives:
- Academic discipline and subject cultures: including the impact of multi-disciplinary teams from various fields of study; as well as different cultures of research, teaching and skills development.
- Organisational cultures - particularly those of higher education institutions; business; skills providers; NGOs and social enterprises.
- National, regional and local cultures and the extent to which connecting people and ideas across these cultures generates a creative force leading to innovation.
We are seeking proposals that will facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience around the conference themes. We welcome unique perspectives, and are especially interested to hear about practical examples of how you have anticipated and responded to challenges and opportunities in your own work. Successful proposals will link policy and practice, for example by explaining how specific experiences in the education sector have informed policy developments.
Going Global 2015 takes place on 1 and 2 June 2015 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in London, UK - one of the world's most vibrant and exciting locations. Here, in a rich melting pot of diverse cultures and ideas, creative connections are forged that reach across the world forming global networks of innovation. It is these that will drive and secure the futures of individuals, communities and nations. At the core of these connections sit universities and institutions of learning, anchoring and sustaining cultures, building and strengthening connections.